CUA50113 Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance)
DIPLOMA COURSE DETAILS
Our Course is fully accredited and nationally recognised. It is a full-time education in the specialisation of Classical, Contemporary Dance and Circus Arts.
To successfully attain the qualification students must complete all units and have a minimum attendance of 85%.
The course allows for reassessment in the event of a failed unit, however, should students fail a second sitting they are required to undertake that unit/s again. A per unit fee will apply.
Facilities for RPL application can be arranged, though, can be granted only when all criteria is met for an entire Unit.
Course Duration: – Diploma – 1 year (45 weeks tuition, 6-week vacation)
- Refine ballet technique
- Refine ballet performance skills
- Refine contemporary dance technique
- Refine dance partnering technique
- Refine performance techniques
- Maintain a high level of fitness for performance
- Incorporate anatomy and nutrition principles into skill development
- Prepare for performances in a competitive environment
- Develop own sustainable professional practice
- Create and perform dance pieces
- Develop choreographic skills
- Develop expertise in allied contemporary dance techniques
- Source funding for projects
- Apply theatrical makeup and hair styles
- Use a range of acting techniques in performance
- Apply safe dance teaching
- Plan and organise dance classes
REGISTRATION INTO FURTHER TRAINING
Within the vocational education and training (VET) sector, nationally recognised qualifications are equally recognised. For example: if a student graduates with a Diploma qualification from QDPA, then transfers interstate and wants to continue to work towards an Advanced Diploma, credit (or advanced standing) should be given for equivalent competencies already achieved.
To enter into an undergraduate degree level course for higher education studies, students will essentially contact the relevant university/ies and apply on an individual basis for credit and/or advanced standing.
THE WEEKLY PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Classical Ballet
- Pointe Work
- Pas De Deux
- Competition Coaching
- Pilates, Conditioning and Flexibility
- Hip Hop
- Circus Arts